Here are some of the best pieces of advice we’ve gotten from the wonderful women we’ve interviewed so far — sprinkled with a few life lessons we’ve learned ourselves:
1. Don’t be afraid to go by trial and error when you’re trying to figure out your next steps.
2. Be honest with yourself and trust your gut, even if it seems a bit crazy.
3. Just be yourself and not the self that people expect you to be. They worry because they want you to be okay, but you need to figure out what makes you happy.
4. Ignore the negativity, especially the negativity in your own head; besides, what’s the worst that can happen, it’s usually not as bad as you think.
5. Surround yourself with people smarter than you are, that way you’ll always keep learning.
6. Don’t let anyone define you: not society, not your family, not your friends.
7. Come to peace with the journey you’re on and don’t give yourself grief for being uncertain.
8. The process of elimination is a fine tool; sometimes you’ll figure out what you don’t want before figuring out what you do want.
9. Change is okay. Nothing stays the same. We’re all subject to change, and that’s all part of the fun.
10. Make yourself a priority and don’t feel guilty about it.